The Chatham-Kent Home Builders Association is committed to providing a strong local organization that can advocate for its members to provide fair and reasonable regulations governing our industry. We meet monthly to facilitate the exchange of information and training to better serve the housing and renovation needs of the citizens of Chatham-Kent. We also strongly promote ethical building, renovation and business practices amongst our members and their dealing with the pubic and one another.
Code of Ethics:
- Members shall comply with the National Building Code of Canada as a minimum standard for construction and shall work towards its improvement in the interest of structural sufficiency, safety and health.
- Members shall plan their sites and homes to conform to the principals of good community planning
- Members shall deal justly with their employees, sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Members shall deal fairly and honestly with their customers.
- Members shall so operate to extend the effectiveness of the Association by interchanging information and experience and encourage research on materials and techniques in order to provide the best value for their customers.
- Members shall uphold the principle of appropriate and adequate compensation for the services which they render.
- Members shall avoid all conduct or practice likely to discredit or do injury to the house building industry.
- These responsibilities are freely and solemnly assumed as they form part of an obligation as Members of the Canadian Home Builders Association.